At a time when Washington is seen as being at its most partisan, there are leaders in Congress who still believe in the value of bipartisanship. These lawmakers are continuing to forge alliances across the aisle and are taking action on issues that matter most to all Americans. They recognize that the country is becoming more diverse and are responding proactively to the needs of a changing society and economy.
Under the umbrella of its Newsmaker Series, The Hill and The Hill Latino will convene key congressional leaders for the second installment of a series of conversations exploring their values, leadership styles and vision for the nation.
- Senator Lamar Alexander (R-TN), Chairman, Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions
- David Barker, Professor of Government and Director of the Center for Congressional and Presidential Studies, American University (Sponsor Remarks)
- Congresswoman Nanette Barragán (D-CA), Member, Congressional Hispanic Caucus
- Bob Cusack, Editor-in-Chief, The Hill
- Congressman Steny Hoyer (D-MD), House Democratic Whip
Wednesday, April 11, 2018
8:00 AM | Guest Arrival & Networking Breakfast
8:30 AM | Program Begins
9:30 AM | Program Concludes
Knight Broadcast Studio
555 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, D.C. 20001