Up for Growth National Coalition Invites You To
A BRIEFING ON THE NATION'S HOUSING SHORTAGE AND AFFORDABILITY CRISIS
With Special Guests
Rep. Steve Stivers & Rep. Denny Heck"
The American Housing Crisis Might Be Our Next Big Political Issue,” read a recent headline in The Atlantic’s CityLab. And it’s easy to see why: the country’s lack of housing production – we underproduced 7.3 million units from 2000 – 2015 – is preventing the economy from reaching its full potential and holding back families from achieving the American dream. This congressional briefing from a panel with diverse views will examine to the root cause of the housing crisis, and what Congress might do to solve it. We hope you will join us.
- Mike Kingsella – Executive Director, Up for Growth National Coalition
- Clyde Holland – Chairman & CEO, Holland Partner Group & Chairman of the Board of Up for Growth National Coalition
- John Tapogna – CEO, ECONorthwest
- Ali Solis – President & CEO, Make Room USA
- Liz Osborn – Senior Director, Congressional Relations, Enterprise Community Partners
- Sasha Marshall – Planner for the City of Houston, Housing & Community Development Department
- Caitlin Sugrue Walter – Vice President, Research, National Multifamily Housing Council
When: Thursday, July 12th, 2018 | 12:00 – 1:00 P.M.
Where: 2043 Rayburn House Office Building
About Up for Growth: Up for Growth National Coalition represents a vibrant, diverse and growing coalition of advocates who believe communities should grow for the benefit of every person. We support federal and state policies that improve equitable, environmental and economic health by promoting vibrant, walkable communities with housing close to jobs, transportation and amenities.
This event has been planned in accordance with congressional gift rules so that House and Senate Members and staff may accept free attendance.